Monday, February 12, 2018

Howling Pitbull

At my internship in Oradell there is a part of the surgery room that is known as Recovery. The function of this room is self-explanatory. After surgery, patients are brought into this room to recover and rest until they are able to walk again and function normally. There was a female pit-bull this week named Aaliyah and she did not stop howling. As I was assisting the veterinary technicians, I heard her howls of pain and did not see her. Once I finished with the task at hand, I walked over to Recovery and saw that it was a grey female pit-bull. As soon as I walked into the room she looked at me and in her eyes I was able to see the pain and agony she was in. I made my way over to her and started to show her affection because she was sick and all alone. After ten minutes of siting with her I stood up and began to walk away. The howling began once again so I turned back around and began to pet her once again. A couple of more minutes passed and she was taken away to a different room because she had recovered significantly.